Animal Control (Game Jam)
A downloadable game for Windows
This game was made in under 48 hours for the GMTK 2020 Game Jam! Please rate the game here: https://itch.io/jam/gmtk-2020/rate/694782
The year is 2070.
You are a "Pet Trainer" using cutting edge techniques to improve the behavior of your clients' animals.
At least, that's what you want people to think. In reality, it's all a cover for government sanctioned research on MIND CONTROL TECH.
Everything was going fine... until today.
Suddenly, the MIND CONTROL signals from other "Pet Trainers" across the country started interfering with your pets. You've lost control and they've escaped the facility.
Not only that, but electrical fallout from the EMP Wars of 2062 is still rampant. You must protect the animals, but you can only control one at a time...
💡 How to Play
Your pets have escaped the facility!
You can MIND CONTROL one pet at a time.
While you are controlling one pet, the others will be throwing themselves into harm's way.
Your goal: keep the animals from running into the electrified EMP fields.
Complete 9 Levels, then survive as long as you can in Level 10, the Infinite Challenge Mode! Levels can played in any order!
🧠 Online Multiplayer?? (Sort Of)
You can name and record a movement pattern for a character. That character will then appear in other player's games. Other player's mind-controlled characters will appear in your game as well!
Controller Recommended! Keyboard & Controller Supported.
- Move: Analog stick / WASD / Arrow Keys
- Switch Character: Left Trigger / Space
- Slow Down Time: Right Trigger / Shift / E
🐛 Known Bugs (we are not allowed to fix until after the jam ends)
- The "Bait Traps" which spawn in levels 5 and 10 play a "buzzing" noise. In some cases, the buzzing sound does not end until the game is closed. Feel free to close the game if you encounter this - your progress is saved automatically!
- The electrified walls in Levels 8 and 9 are meant to move. But they don't!
- The duration of the Bait Traps are not affected by slowing down time (this works in the player's favor!)
Programming, Design, & Art by Star Garden Games
Blippy Trance by Kevin MacLeod
🔊 Sound Effects
Run the .exe file inside the .zip folder. No install required!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.