Hecklimber (Game Jam)
A downloadable game for Windows
You're in heck, but (as you may have heard) heck is no fun. You get a great idea. What if you left. With an iron will and a whole lot of blocks, you may just be able to climb your way out of here.
This is Hecklimber.
Hecklimber was made in a weekend for the Game Maker's Toolkit game jam 2017 (https://itch.io/jam/gmtk-jam)
- W = Jump
- W (in air) = Double jump
- A = Move left
- D = Move right
- Left click = Throw block
- Left click (hold) = Throw bomb block
DUAL PURPOSE DESIGN
Most elements of Hecklimber are designed to serve multiple purposes (per the theme of the game jam).
- Jumping: how you get around + destroys blocks below your feet
- Double Jumping: helps you climb higher + places blocks below your feet
- Throwing blocks: defeats enemies + creates terrain for you to climb
- Throwing bomb blocks: defeats enemies + destroys obstacles
- Enemies: drill through blocks + damage the player
- Breaking blocks: provides pickups + clears obstacles + increases challenge
- Smog rising from below: forces progress + destroys blocks